Below you will find detailed information for an 8 Day Land Based Tour on San Cristobal, Isabela, Santa Cruz, plus 1 more Island in the Galapagos.
Each night you will be staying in either a hostel or hotel depending on which level of the tour you choose. Your destinations during the tour will be the same regardless of which class level you have purchased. During the tour you will have a naturalist guide who will speak English and Spanish.
* Most of these tours include destinations which require boat travel to reach. If you have chosen a multiple island tour; there will be boat travel required to complete the entire tour. It possible that some travel by boat will be required to visit some locations on a single island tour.
Copyright 2013 ©dreamkapture.com ® All Rights Reserved
* The Class is determined by level of nightly lodging (hostel/hotel) you will be staying in while on the tour
- Accommodation in a selected hotel /hostel category
- Most Meals
- Guided tours during the program
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- All transfers and transportation in Galapagos during the tour
- Flight Ticket
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee
($100.00 per person)
- Migratory Control
($10.00 per person)
- Isabela Fee
($5.00 per person)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (Tips)
Other Land Tour options:
|8 Day Land Based Tours
San Cristobal, Isabela,
Santa Cruz + one more Island
Day 1 San Cristobal:
Arrival on San Cristobal Island and transfer to your hotel and have lunch.
After lunch you will go on a hike at the Lobería: a beach of mangroves where you can spot sea lions, marine iguanas, frigate birds, swallow-tailed gulls and blue-footed boobies. Snorkeling at the beach
- Alternative option: Kayak ride from Playa Mann to Darwin Bay: $25 additional per person.
Day 2 San Cristobal:
Trip to the highlands of San Cristobal. Our first stop is in Junco lagoon where we can usually see frigate birds washing the salt off their wings.
Then go to the Galapaguera turtle reserve, where we can see these animals in a semi - wild state.
Then we walk to Puerto Chino, white sandy beach to relax and swim before returning to port.
Day 3 San Cristobal:
Departure by boat for day tour of snorkeling. There are two locations: Isla Lobos and Kicker Rock. You should be able to play with the sea lions, and observe to reef sharks. Returning to port around 15:00.
Then we will walk to the frigate bird hill and see the statue of Darwin (this is the first place H.M.S. Beagle anchored after reaching the islands).
Our last stop will Carola beach.
Day 4 Isabela:
In the morning fly to Isabela (40 minute flight). On arrival we will go to Wetlands: we can see marine iguanas, tortoises.
In the afternoon a visit to the Tintoreras. This is an island just off of Isabela which is free of invasive plant and animal species. There are marine iguanas, reef sharks, and Sea lions here. The area is surround by lava formations.
Day 5 Isabela:
Hike up to the Sierra Negra volcano: first by car, then we will hike up to the crater.
Then you will continue to Chico Volcano site. The lava flows are awesome! Lunch at a local farm and then back to port
Day 6 Santa Cruz:
Depart for Santa Cruz Island by speedboat; arriving at about 8:00 a.m. then having breakfast.
You will travel to the Highlands of Santa Cruz and visit the Giant Tortoise reserve. In addition you will continue on to the Lava Tunnels and then to Los Gemelos for hiking.
After lunch you go to Tortuga Bay. This is a beautiful white sand beach where you will see marine iguanas and blue footed boobie birds.
Day 7 Floreana or Other Island:
Day 8 Santa Cruz:
Return to top of page